The studio is cleared out and the floor, now that I can see it, has been scrubbed. I'm back to work soon and the living room is still full of the studio detritus. But, there is definitely less of it. Bags of books, a bag of fleece I will NEVER use, and a couple other bags of garbage and recycling will not go back in. ;-) What about the rest of it? I'll work on that more this evening. My goal is to have the studio put back together before the weekend.
I have a theory about cleaning. If you move things around long enough it eventually reduces to a manageable size. Sort of like pouring sand from one had to another. Every time you do it, the amount lessens. I have several rooms full of stuff that are being moved around (the bedroom, the spare room, the mezzanine, and my studio) so let's hope it reduces enough that I can find a place for it all!
Speaking of shaking it up, interesting things happen when you
take a couple days of vacation. We had a very "big news" resignation
at work. It won't take place right away, but it will be very
interesting to see how it plays out. It could have an impact on what my job has become and where it goes from here.
In other big news painting is starting to happen here! The trim/ceiling color is going up. Onyx white--a warm off-white color. Big contrast with the greeny/yellow beige that is currently there. Not that the beige on our walls looks green or yellow. But that is the undertone and you can really see that they have different undertones now that they are together on the wall. The new color doesn't really look like a white at all just yet. But don't worry, it will! It is going to be so lovely! I can hardly wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment