Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Life!

It has been a week since the wedding.  The new bride texted me yesterday that they were on their way  home from Tahoe (where they spent the family part of their honeymoon--he has two young kids).  She was planning to come by the house and collect her things.  Since I was at work yesterday, she will be coming today.

So... given that the traces of the wedding will be erased from the house today and it has been a week since the event, I thought I better get on the ball and post some pictures!  In fairness to myself, most of my blog readers are family who already know what the wedding looked like.  On the other hand, I have become a "behind blogger," always catching up on the event that just happened.  (Like the fun visit from Dad and Marlyn--but that will be my next blog post!  I'm getting ahead of myself!)

Here are some of the photos...I left the flash off most of my pictures because I was enthralled with the romantic, sparkling light.  Consequently most are a little dark.  Also, I don't have many good photos of bride and groom.  I left those to the wedding photographer!  I told someone I felt like the parent whose son is the ringbearer or daughter is the flower girl--except that it was my house that was in the wedding!  So you can see that my photo focus was not necessarily the happy couple ;-)

I scoured the city for white and pink poinsettia bargains on Dec. 26.

I was glad I hadn't "prettied up" the dressing table area!

She wanted to be married near the windows out to the camelia garden.  Guests faced windows to a garden sparkling with white lights.

The ceremony from the back.

I captured this photo of George from outside!

Coming back downstairs after we transformed the "chapel" into the "ballroom." They exited the ceremony by going upstairs to the bridal room while we did the required chair moving to get ready for their first dance!

Beautiful! And lots of fun!  There were over 40 people, live music by George Butts (do click on this link to hear his music--he's great!), dancing in the living room, good wine and food.  I must say that New Year's Eve is a perfect night for a wedding and they planned a great one!  Happy New Year and New Life to Nancy and Dave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, NICE paint job!!