Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Life of a Blog

I was realizing this morning that I have slowed in my blog posting lately. That made me start to wonder how long I have been doing this. So I looked at some of the stats that Blogger keeps and I was kind of amazed.

I have been blogging since 2008. My first post was April 23, 2008 and at that time we had just lost one of the large trees on the lot. The next post wasn't until May (long break between posts!). In that second post I chronicled some fiber projects that were on the docket. Of the five, I can proudly say that 4 of them are now finished. There is still one that is languishing on the needles--a coral colored cotton shell. Guess I should dig it out and finish it for summer!

I have written 383 posts, including this one.

There have been 3,501 views. Wow! That isn't high compared to the really big blogs, but considering that this goes to a few friends and family--most of whom are not big computer users--I think that is kind of amazing!

The most popular page was on Oct. 20 of the past year. Go Giants! Don't Stop Believin'! The second most popular was "More Camping Pictures" in 2009. The most page views in a month came from last July when there were over 500 for the month.

Of the people who get here from another blog, the blog that they come from most is Mia's. After that it is FishFam's. This is probably due to my family readers who go from my blog to Mia's or FishFam's and then get counted when they come back to this blog. Maybe there are a few who are regular readers of the other two and then stop in here. If any of you who are really Mia's or FishFam's readers just stopping in here, leave a comment!

The large majority of the views have been from the US. That makes sense, since the blog is mostly family and friends that I know in real life. There are a few who stop by that I know only from their blogs and from their comments here. There are others who stop by that I don't know. I have had 114 views from the U.K. and 10 views from the Netherlands. Also a handful from Canada and Japan. If any of you are reading today, leave a comment!

3 comments:

Carol said...

It was fun to look back on camping pics.We missed you last year!

Mia's Classroom said...

heh. I had no idea all this information is available through blogger! I'm totally going to have to check it out for my site, though if I find out more than five people are reading it...well, I'll probably die. Just saying. Blogging is such a ridiculous hobby for one as shy as I am!

I'm constantly linking to your blog, so I'd bet that's why there are extra visits via my blog. ha! Sorry! :)

If you took out the number of times I came by, obsessively refreshing to see if you've FINALLY updated, I'd bet your page views would be cut in half. lol

Kelly said...

And if you cut out the page views from the two people who live with me and know all of it already, well, I think that would take care of most of the other half!