Friday, April 30, 2010

No Relay for Me This Year

About this time last year I had purple hair and was getting ready for the Relay for Life talent show. I had planned to be involved again this year and, of course, last year about this time I was thinking about how I would start earlier and my fundraising and my team would all be much more organized this year! Well, that didn't happen! Many things contributed to my decision to sit it out this year. Although it was the right decision, I felt sad about it.

Then I get an email from niece #3 and she has a RFL web page and is fundraising for a RFL team for her college Panhellenic organization! Perfect!

Here is the link to her page if you would like to contribute. Relay is a great cause, supporting the American Cancer Society's research and support services. Some of the support services I have seen first hand this year as my good friend Kathy goes through her year with breast cancer. So all of you who were planning to support my relay team, please support my niece's team instead! The Relay is this weekend, but don't worry, the page will probably stay up taking donations for a few more weeks! I will also keep the link up for a week or so in the "click this" section of the blog on the right. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoorah!for the next generation.